When it comes to litigation and arbitration, we are a compact, powerful force. Our practice includes significant experience in commercial arbitration and civil and commercial litigation both within Mexico and across the globe:
Del Castillo y Castro Abogados is one of a small handful of firms in Mexico with significant arbitration experience. Our lawyers have been involved in some of the most important commercial arbitrations in Mexico in recent history. We have advised in local and international arbitrations that include civil, commercial, construction and insurance representations. We represent clients on matters before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the National Chamber of Commerce of Mexico City (CANACO), the Arbitration Center of Mexico (ACM) and other institutions that administer arbitration proceedings, including those of a public nature such as the National Commission for the Protection and Defense of Users of Financial Services (CONDUSEF). Several lawyers of our firm are members of recognized national and international arbitration institutions, such as the ICC and CANACO.
Representative Matters include:
- Del Castillo y Castro is acting as co-counsel for Tesla Inc., in connection with the arbitration procedure submitted by Diaz Arelle against Tesla Inc.
- Del Castillo y Castro acted as counsel for Grupo Vasconia in connection with the arbitration procedure against LAG Laminati Aluminio Gallarate SPA and AL Met Invest.
- We are representing a high-profile energy company in a multi-million dollar international arbitration carried out under the International Chamber of Commerce Rules (ICC) concerning EPC’s turnkey agreements.
- Del Castillo y Castro Abogados is representing a high-profile multi-continent manufacturing company in an international arbitration concerning compensatory damages claim, carried out under the International Chamber of Commerce Rules (ICC) concerning a stock purchase agreement.
- We advised a global manufacturer in an arbitration concerning a compensatory damages claim, carried out under the Mexico City National Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Rules (CANACO). This is one of the first instances in which the new Mexican constitutional interpretations on punitive damages are requested to be applied in arbitration.
- We are representing a Mexican investment firm in an international arbitration carried out under the International Chamber of Commerce Rules (ICC) concerning an Earn-Out calculation claim arising from the execution of a stock purchase agreement.
Civil and Commercial Litigation
Del Castillo y Castro Abogados’ civil and commercial litigators include some of the most renowned in Mexico. Our litigation practice focuses on judicial disputes involving both national and international corporations across a broad spectrum of matters involving real estate, corporate, contractual, indebtedness (mortgage lawsuits, commercial executives, etc.), insolvency, and insurance and bonds, among others. We also offer preventive advisory services in litigation matters, which is why this area of practice is in constant coordination with our other practice areas, particularly our corporate practice during the negotiation of contracts and operations. We also advise our clients after disputes arise, either with individuals or with authorities. Our litigators have extensive experience in the settlement of disputes, both in the extrajudicial area, and before the jurisdictional authorities, whether state or federal, such as Unitary Courts and Circuit Collegiate and including the Supreme Court of Justice of Mexico.
Selected representations include:
- Del Castillo y Castro Abogados is counsel for Banco Mercantil del Norte, in an enforcement proceeding.
- Del Castillo y Castro Abogados is representing M+W High Tech Projects México and Beiersdorf Manufacturing México as defendants within the ordinary commercial trial initiated by a sub-contractor.
- We represent Mexico-based company engaged in the construction and real estate sectors within the commercial trial initiated by the widow of a former shareholder in a multi-million Mexican pesos claim.
- We are currently representing Grupo Kuo in a commercial proceeding filed against Inmobiliaria Bacanmexicana
- Del Castillo y Castro Abogados advised a global travel and leisure company in several actions claiming damages for defamation, including obtaining injunction measures.