José Carlos graduated from Universidad Iberoamericana and received his LL.M. Degree from the University of Virginia School of Law. He has over 11 years of experience and his practice is focused on restructuring, workouts and insolvency, general corporate matters, banking and finance, capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. José Carlos also has multinational experience after working for Allen and Overy LLP (NYC) and Paul Hastings LLP (NYC) in their Latin America practice groups. He is fluent in Spanish and English.
- Licenciatura en Derecho 2011, Universidad Iberoamericana, México.
- Maestría en Derecho (LL.M.) 2014, University of Virginia School of Law, EEUU.
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising Grupo Industrial Saltillo on its listing of stock on the Mexican stock exchange.
- Legal counsel to Abengoa Mexico and its subsidiaries in the restructuring of its debt with several stakeholders. He also provided advice in connection with the global reorganization of Abengoa, which involves a debt in countries such as Spain, France, Netherlands, United States, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Perú, Chile, Venezuela, China, Arab Emirates, amongst others.
- Legal counsel to Inmobiliaria Ruba one of the main housing developers in Mexico, in the preparation and approval of a bonds program, as well as in the first and second issuances under said program.
- Legal counsel to ABC Aerolineas (Interjet), in the preparation and approval of a bonds program. He also acted as external legal counsel to Interjet in connection with the first, second, third and fourth issuances under said program of bonds.
- Legal counsel to Quesería Dos Lagunas one of the main producers of dairy products in Mexico, in its corporate reorganization process which included, among other aspects, the complete amendment of its corporate bylaws.
- External legal counsel to Corporación Geo and its subsidiaries regarding the fulfillment of its obligations before the Mexican Stock Exchange (Bolsa Mexicana de Valores) and the Mexican Securities Exchange Commission (Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores).
- Advisor to Abent 3T in connection with all its corporate needs, including all corporate registries and authorizations, as well as certain power purchase agreements entered into with some of Mexico ́s major companies. We also advised Abent 3T in the preparation and negotiation of power purchase agreements, as well as their assignment to a particular collateral trust created for the benefit of the creditors of Abengoa Group.
- External legal counsel to Hipotecaria Su Casita regarding the fulfillment of its corporate obligations and advised the company and its shareholders in connection with its dissolution, liquidation and bankruptcy process.