Andrés is a Lawyer from Universidad Anáhuac México with Postgraduate Diplomas in Accounting and Finance from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, and in Energy Law from Escuela Libre de Derecho, as well as a Masters in Law from University of Chicago.
His areas of expertise are restructuring and insolvency, banking and finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law.
Andrés is fluent in Spanish and English.
- Licenciatura en Derecho 2014, Universidad Anáhuac México Norte, Mexico.
- Diplomado en Contabilidad y Finanzas 2016, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de Mexico.
- Diplomado en Derecho de la Energía 2016, Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico.
- Maestría en Derecho 2018, University of Chicago, EE.UU.A.
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- External legal counsel to Corporación Geo and its subsidiaries in its initial restructuring. Also advised Corporación Geo and its subsidiaries in connection with the preparation of the shareholders’ resolution to dissolve and liquidate such companies and/or declare them bankrupt. We are currently advising them on the liquidation process.
- Legal counsel to Quesería Dos Lagunas one of the main producers of dairy products in Mexico, in its corporate reorganization process which included, among other aspects, the complete amendment of its corporate bylaws and the squeeze-out of minority shareholders.
- Advisor to Abent 3T in connection with all its corporate needs, including all corporate registries and authorizations, as well as certain power purchase agreements entered into with some of Mexico´s major companies. We also advised Abent 3T in the preparation and negotiation of power purchase agreements, as well as their assignment to a particular collateral trust created for the benefit of the creditors of Abengoa Group.